Davids Natural Toothpaste
Davids premium natural toothpaste is made using the highest quality natural ingredients to safely & effectively whiten teeth, fight plaque, and freshen breath. Davids is also committed to using premium USA origin ingredients for the highest quality possible and to support American jobs.
Ingredients + their purpose:
- Calcium Carbonate - Natural material mined from the earth. Used as a mild abrasive to help prevent plaque buildup, remove surface stains, and whiten & polish teeth.
- Purified Water - Used to blend ingredients and give texture.
- Sorbitol - Natural sweetener made from corn that keeps toothpaste moist and not dry out during its shelf life.
- Sodium Bicarbonate (Baking Soda) - Natural material mined from the earth. Used to neutralize the plaque forming acids in your mouth. Helps prevent plaque buildup, remove surface stains, and whiten & polish teeth.
- Vegetable Glycerin - Davids uses only food grade domestic non-gmo vegetable glycerin derived from vegetable oils ( not to be confused with industrial glycerin or other glycerin products produced from animal fats). Used to moisten the mouth and enhance the natural mint oil flavor. Also used as a natural preservative to keep the paste moist and to keep the ingredients from separating.
- Hydrated Silica - Natural material from the earth that is used to help remove surface stains and whiten & polish teeth. Others use low quality imported silica with large abrasive particles that can scratch or damage the enamel... Davids uses only the highest quality USA made silica with ultra fine microscopic particles designed to safely clean and polish the enamel on your teeth.
- Xylitol (birch derived) - a five-carbon sugar used as a sweetener, but more importantly, has the effect of reducing plaque formation and inhibits enamel demineralization. We use only a premium USA produced xylitol derived from birch trees, which is considered the best for both you and the environment. Research studies show that xylitol works to reduce the formation of cavities.
- Sodium Cocyl Glutamate - Natural alternative to SLS which is derived from coconut oil and sulfate free. Used to create a mild foaming action which suspends the other ingredients in your mouth while brushing, helping the cleaning and whitening process.
- Carrageenan - Derived from seaweed. Used to give toothpaste its gel consistency. (NOT to be confused with poligeenan - formerly referred to as degraded carrageenan which causes much confusion).
- Mint Oil - Derived from natural mint leaves. Used to give the toothpaste a natural mint flavor to freshen your breath. We developed a custom blend of ultra premium, USA produced, mint oils from various mint growing regions around the US to create a one of a kind mint flavor that is amazing!
- Stevia (Leaf Extract) - Derived from the stevia plant. Used as a natural sweetener and to further enhance the natural mint oil flavoring.
- Recyclable Metal Tube - Davids uses the classic collapsible metal tube that helps seal in the natural mint oil flavor, and that can be recycled. Plastic tubes are cheaper, but Davids believes it's more important to use what works best and is environmentally conscious.
- FSC Certified Paperboard Packaging - With Davids commitment to environmental sustainability, their paperboard packaging only comes from forests protected and managed by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC). Because FSC is the gold standard in forest certification, it is the only system supported by groups such as WWF, Sierra Club, Greenpeace, Natural Resources Defense Council and National Wildlife Federation.
- Carton made with 100% Wind Energy - Davids paperboard packaging supplier uses 100% wind energy in the production of their boxes. This use of wind as a renewable energy reduces an estimated 4,199,796 pounds of carbon dioxide emissions annually. The greenhouse gas equivalency: comparable to taking 364 personal vehicles off the road per year.
More About Davids:
- 100% USA Farmed Natural Mint Oil Flavoring - Davids partnered with leading mint experts to develop a custom mint flavor, using premium mint oils from various mint growing regions around the United States. These oils were blended together to create Davids custom mint flavoring that leaves incredibly fresh minty breath. Other companies use artificial mint flavoring or inferior imported mint oil. Once you try Davids toothpaste, with their custom blend of premium USA produced mint oil, you will not want to go back!
- Not just MADE IN USA... USA Origin too (big difference!) - While talking to suppliers, Davids discovered that most of the big toothpaste companies buy ingredients that come from overseas (mostly China & India), and mix them in their US factory and stamp "Made in USA" on their package. At Davids, they take a much different approach... they do their best to use only premium ingredients that are farmed, mined, and processed in the USA... 98% of their ingredients are USA origin (2% Japan), supporting the sustainability of the USA economy and American jobs!
Size: 5.25 oz