Self-Watering Herb Kit - Parsley
The ultimate accessory for an inspired kitchen, Eco Planters take the guesswork out of gardening. This all-inclusive kit comes equipped with everything you’ll need to start growing parsley, and features a glass canning jar, wick, stainless steel net pot and earth-friendly growing medium. Outfitted with a passive hydroponic system that provides the perfect balance of air, water and nutrients.
- Size: 8” h x 4” w (liter jar) -- Weight: 1lb 6oz
- Herbs require at least 6 hours of direct light daily, and should be put in an unobstructed window that faces south, west or east (southwest is the best option). During winter months—or if you don’t have an unobstructed window—you can supplement with a grow light.
- Eco Planters are designed for indoor use, but can be put outside. Be mindful that the planter does not have a drain hole, and if the reservoir floods it may drown the roots.
- The stainless steel net pot and recycled glass grow medium can both be reused—simply rinse with hot water. Add new seeds and use soil or coco pith to help seeds germinate. Use a water soluble fertilizer and follow its instructions.
- Passive hydroponics is a method of growing plants without soil. A combination of an inert porous growing medium and a wick transports water and nutrients to the plant roots via capillary action. The nutrient solution (water and fertilizer) are held in a reservoir and taken up as needed, providing the perfect balance of water to oxygen.
- Designed to be reused. Assembled in the USA.
- Certified Organic Parsley Seeds
- 1L Weck™ Canning Jar (Half-Frosted)
- Stainless Steel Net Pot
- Recycled Glass Growing Medium
- Coco Pith Disk
- Plant Food
- Simple Inst