Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a rhizomatous herbaceous perennial plant of the ginger family. In flavor turmeric has a distinctly earthy, slightly bitter, slightly spicy and peppery flavor with a distinct aroma. The active nutritional part of turmeric is curcumin, a bioactive compound known for its anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and immune-boosting properties. OJIO's carefully extracted turmeric has a 95% curcumin value unlike common store varieties which usually only have a 15% curcumin value. Just a little of this turmeric goes a long way!
- The curcumin in turmeric is known for its anti-inflammatory and antioxidant qualities.
- An alkalizing spice for less acidic diets.
- Used in Ayurveda to help boost the immune system.
- Mixed with coconut oil as a scalp cleanser.
- A component of lotions to help sooth sun burnt skin.
The statements on this product have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to treat, diagnose, cure or prevent any disease.