Berry Chia Jam
- 2 C organic fruit (we used strawberries, blackberries and blueberries)
- 1/2 tsp. organic lemon zest (only zest on side of the lemon)
- 1 Tbsp. organic lemon juice
- 1/4 organic lemon (use the nub! it has more rind and will provide the most pectin)
- 1 Tbsp. Agave Syrup
- 1 pinch Fine Ground Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Chia Seeds
- 1 Tbsp. cracked Chia Seeds (we pulsed ours in a coffee grinder)
1. Prepare fruit. Wash, stem, seed and peel as necessary. Cut large fruit into small pieces.
2. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, mix together fruit, lemon zest, lemon juice, lemon nub, agave and salt.
3. Bring mixture to a simmer, stir and mash occasionally. Cook for about 5-10 minutes until mixture is syrupy. Remove from heat. Discard lemon nub. (thanks Andrea!)
4. Add more agave to taste. (careful, the fruit mixture will be hot!)
5. Stir in the chia seeds. Set aside for about 5-10 minutes. (if your jam is looking a little watery you can add chia seeds, 1 tsp at a time)
6. Let the jam cool completely, transfer to a storage container and refrigerate!
- The jam will continue to thicken as it cools, give it some time before adding chia seeds.