These ginger & goji chews have a wonderful warmth to them that can help clear your sinuses, or even wake you up when you hit the 3pm wall at work.
- 1 ½ C water
- 1 Tbsp ginger powder
- ½ C goji berries (roughly chopped)
- ½ Tbsp coconut oil (for greasing)
- ¼ C honey
- ¾ C coconut palm sugar
- Combine water, ginger powder and goji berries in medium saucepan.
- Bring to gentle boil and cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While mixture is boiling, line a small 6x4 dish with parchment paper and grease with coconut oil.
- Strain mixture and return to clean medium saucepan and set up candy thermometer.
- Add honey and palm sugar to mixture over high heat, mixing constantly.
- When mixture reaches 244-248 degrees (firm ball) quickly remove from heat, mix and pour into prepared dish.
- When the candy has completely cooled (the coconut oil will be solid) remove from dish by lifting the sides of parchment paper and cut into desired shapes.
- Wrap in parchment paper and twist or fold to close.