- 10-12 cocktail cucumbers
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled/smashed
- 1.5 tsp. Simply Organic Pickling Spices
- 1 C. apple cider vinegar
- 1 C. pure water
- 1.5 Tbsp. fine ground Himalayan salt
1. Cut the cucumbers in half, lengthwise.
2. Get your glass jar ready (washed & dried). It should have a lid that can be sealed tightly. Note: the jar should be able to withstand hot liquids.
3. Grab a small saucepan and add the apple cider vinegar, water, and salt. Let the mixture come to a boil, then turn off the heat.
4. Add the pickling spices, smashed garlic, and halved cucumbers to your glass jar. Make sure to add enough pickles so that they're stuffed in there like sardines, but not getting crushed.
5. Add the hot liquid mixture you just boiled to the jar with your cucumbers until they are fully submerged.
6. Seal the jar tightly and let it cool for a half hour before you store it in the fridge. We waited 5 days to eat the pickles we made, and they were great! You can try to wait a bit longer, but it's difficult!