Spicy Nori Kettle Corn
For the Kettle Corn:
- 1/4 C. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 C. unpopped organic popcorn kernels
- 1/4 C. Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Fine Ground Himalayan Salt
For the Spicy Nori Mix:
- 1 Nori Seaweed Sheet
- 1/8 tsp. Cayenne Powder
- 3 C. sweetened organic corn puff cereal
- 2 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (melted)
1. Combine palm sugar and salt, set aside.
2. Chop nori sheet into small pieces (we used a coffee grinder), combine with cayenne powder and set aside.
3. Melt 2 Tbsp. coconut oil, set aside.
4. Combine nori mix and corn puffs in a large bowl.
1. Melt 1/4 C. coconut oil in a large pot with lid over medium high heat.
2. Test oil temperature with three kernels. Cover and shake pot to distribute heat/oil among kernels. Continue to shake pot until kernels have popped.
3. After testing temperature, add all remaining kernels to pot, then cover and shake. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Quickly add sugar mixture, cover pot and shake periodically so sugar doesn't burn. Continue until popping slows. (if you can count to three between pops, it's done!)
5. Remove pot from heat and pour into corn puff mixture.
6. Add melted coconut oil and toss until well combined