Vanilla Yogurt Scones
- 2 C. organic flour
- 1/2 C. Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Fine Ground Himalayan Salt
- 6 Tbsp. Coconut Oil (measure and set aside in fridge until called for)
- 3/4 C. Icelandic yogurt (skyr style)
- 1 organic egg
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Prepare baking sheet with parchment paper.
1. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, palm sugar, baking powder and salt until well combined.
2. In a separate bowl, mix together vanilla, yogurt and egg until well combined. Set aside.
3. Using a pastry blender, or two forks, cut the cold coconut oil into the flour mixture. The mixture should resemble coarse meal.
4. Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and mix until just combined. (don't over mix, you'll get dense scones)
5. On a lightly floured surface, gently roll out the dough until 1/2" thick. Cut the dough in half, stack the two pieces and roll out until 1/2" thick. Repeat the process one more time.
6. Cut scones to desired shape and transfer to prepared baking sheet.
7. Bake for 15-20 minutes until edges are golden brown. Serve warm. Store leftovers in airtight conatiner
- You can use flavored yogurt instead of plain
- If you're using a thinner yogurt, start with 1/2 C. and add more if necessary
- When transferring scones to the baking sheet, flip them for a puffier scone