A classic cookie with chopped cacao paste and a sprinkle of flaky salt!
- 2/3 c organic unrefined sugar
- 4 tsp organic/non-gmo molasses
- 1/2 c (1 stick) organic unsalted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 organic free range egg
- 1 c organic flour
- 1/2 tsp sodium bicarbonate
- 1 c coarsely chopped cacao paste
- (optional) 1/4 c finely chopped almonds (toasted)
- coarse/flaky salt, like fluer del sel or maldon (for sprinkling)
1. Cream butter, sugar, molasses, vanilla extract and salt together
2. Add egg, beat until just combined
3. Sift dry ingredients together and mix into butter mixture
4. Add chopped cacao and almonds (if using), mix until evenly incorporated
5. Roll into 2 1/2 inch log. Wrap tightly in bees wrap or plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unwrap cookie dough and slice into 1 inch pieces (about 10 cookies)
7. Place 3-4 inches apart on baking sheet (we fit 6 on a large sheet), sprinkle with salt and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown
8. Remove from oven, let rest for about 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack until completely cool. Enjoy!