For the Popcorn:
- 1/4 C. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 C. unpopped organic popcorn kernels
For the Caramel:
- 1 1/2 C. Coconut Palm Sugar
- 1/3 C. Agave Syrup
- 2/3 C. Coconut Oil
- 3/4 tsp. Fine Ground Himalayan Salt
- 3/4 tsp. Ground Vanilla
- 3/4 tsp. Sodium Bicarbonate
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
2. Measure all caramel ingredients (except the sodium bicarbonate) into a medium bowl (no need to mix!) and set aside.
- Popcorn -
1. Melt 1/4 C. coconut oil in a large pot with lid over medium high heat.
2. Test oil temperature with three kernels. Cover and shake pot to distribute heat/oil among kernels. Continue to shake pot until kernels have popped.
3. After testing temperature, add all remaining kernels tp pot, then cover and shake. Continue until popping slows. (if you can count to three between pops, it's done!)
4. Pour popcorn into a glass baking dish (we used a 10"x15" dish) and set aside.
- Caramel -
1. Pour bowl of caramel ingredients into a medium saucepan and cook over medium heat.
2. Boil for 5 minutes stirring occasionally, mixture will start to caramelize and look lighter in color and smoother in texture.
3. Remove from heat and add sodium bicarbonate. Mix well.
4. Pour hot caramel over popcorn, tossing popcorn and sauce with spoons to cover evenly. (be careful! the caramel is extremely hot)
5. Bake for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally (about every ten minutes)
6. Cool, break apart and store in airtight container.