- 2/3 c organic unrefined sugar
- 1/2 c organic cashew butter
- 1/2 c organic unsalted butter
- 2 tsp organic/non-gmo molasses
- 1 organic free range egg
- 1/2 tsp himalayan salt
- 1 1/4 c organic all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp sodium bicarbonate
1. Cream sugar, cashew butter, butter, molasses and salt until fluffy
2. Add egg, beat until just combined
3. Sift dry ingredients together and mix into butter mixture
4. Roll into 2 1/2 inch log. Wrap tightly in bees wrap or plastic wrap. Refrigerate overnight or up to 3 days.
5. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Unwrap cookie dough and slice into 1 inch pieces (about 10 cookies)
6. Place 3-4 inches apart on baking sheet (we fit 6 on a large sheet), sprinkle with salt if desired and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until edges are golden brown
7. Remove from oven, let rest for about 5 minutes and transfer to a wire rack until completely cool. Enjoy!