- 1/4 cup
1/4 c organic tricolor quinoa
1. Rinse quinoa until water runs clear
2. In a small bowl, add quinoa and cover with water. Let soak for 1 hour
3. Drain quinoa and soak up any excess liquid with a paper towel (make sure it's completely dry or it will stick to the pan when cooking)
4. Preheat a small pan (one that you can cover/has a lid) over medium high heat. Meanwhile, set aside a small bowl for the finished quinoa.
5. Add half the quinoa to preheated pan, cover and continously shake (you want to make sure the quinoa doesn't burn) You will start to hear small pops.
6. When the quinoa has turned a golden shade of brown, immediately remove from heat and transfer to the small bowl.
7. Let cool completely, store in an airtight container.