4 medium organic sweet potatoes (red fleshed)
4 Tbsp freshly choppped organic herbs (sage, thyme or both)
4 organic garlic cloves (minced)|
2 tsp Himalayan salt
1/2 tsp pepper
3/4 c organic heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut sweet potatoes into thin slices about 1/8" thick (the Kyocera mandolin makes this super easy!)
3. In a large bowl, toss sweet potatoes, 3 Tbsp herbs, garlic, salt and pepper together until evenly coated.
4. Gather slices in stacks and arrange in rows or layered circles depending on pan shape/preference (we like arranging them in pans/pots that are wider than they are deep, this allows the potatoes to cook more evenly and for less time) sprinkle remaining chopped herbs over the top of arranged potatoes.
5. Cover with foil and bake for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are fork tender. If preparing in advance, covered potatoes can be stored in the fridge for up to 24 hours prior to baking.
6. Remove from oven, discard foil and pour heavy cream evenly over top of potatoes. Return to oven and bake for 10-20 minutes uncovered. The cream should bubble and thicken when ready.
Serve immediately, enjoy